There is no makeup technique you should master first other than how to put on makeup to look young. More and more people in their twenties are experiencing wrinkles, crows’ feet, and dull skin. Because of an unhealthy diet, inadequate hydration, exposure to free radicals and pollutants, and sun exposure, many young women’s faces now show signs of premature aging. Learn how to cheat your way to younger skin through the makeup tips below.
- Before applying makeup, wash, moisturize, and put on sunscreen. And that should be everyday, come hell or high water. Your everyday routine can very well affect how old – or young – your face and skin will look. For instance, washing vigorously will lead to wrinkles and sagging skin. Make sure you wash your face – gently – and dab your face dry instead of wiping it like you do your behind. Settle for a noncomedogenic wash that does not strip your skin of its natural oils. Then, find a water-based moisturizer… and if it has SPF, then that’s two birds with one stone! A well-moisturized skin has extra protection against wrinkles, especially when moisturizing is done regularly.
- Try wrinkle fillers before putting on foundation. Wrinkle fillers can reduce the appearance of visible wrinkles and lines, making foundation application much easier and more effective.
- Use a light foundation that has light to medium coverage. Using a thick foundation will only make your face look cakey, which becomes even more obvious because of the fine lines you might already have. Instead, go for light foundation in a liquid formula: it covers flaws while allowing your skin’s natural color to show through.
- Use a trusted concealer that does not cause your skin to dry up. You may also use the same foundation under your eyes; however, if you have extra dark under-eye circles, a concealer may be necessary. Of course, don’t overdo it, or you’ll end up looking a little overdone.
- Use lip gloss to plump thin lips. The sheen of lip gloss reflects more light, giving the impression of thicker lips.
- Use a lip liner to redefine your lips. This is especially useful if you have a marionette face: if the corners of the lips droop a little. Follow the outline of your lips, except when you reach the droopy corners, where your line should fade off.
- Use pink lipstick and blush. A pink blush and lipstick both give the impression of young, healthy skin, as pink cheeks are often associated with youth.
If you want to know how to put on makeup to look young, the above tricks should do it. Lastly, eat a healthy diet rich in antioxidants, always drink enough water, and learn to manage your stress! Don’t just fake youth; fight aging!